Separate Truth From Lies Separate Truth From Lies

well done

When I read your comments i decided to review because the ending theme of Tron and the opening theme of Deus Ex have both inspired me to write music (I'm just crap at electronic music)
this is a great piece tho, def reminds me of deus ex
5/5

Whole Town Whole Town

i got it

The ground beneath the town thawed abruptly. The town and it's people fell into the caverns below where they were STABBED by murky, muddy ice creatures with icicles and eaten. Then the whole area froze over again, waiting to be inhabited by the next unaware tribe.

BACOOON! BACOOON!

chip-step?

or dub bit? either way. i'm getn down to this.

March of 1000 Genos March of 1000 Genos

i love this song

I had planned to remix this as well, and i might still. It's one of those tunes that sticks in your head (or it does mine). I love your impression of it.
On occasion it seems to distort and I would have lowered the level of the guiro a little but besides that it is great. 9/10 5/5

Chrono Cross - The Dream Chrono Cross - The Dream

arrrgh NRB!

awesome. one of my favorite soundtracks of all time!!
i want to play this RIGHT NOW!

So DO it! :D
lol

Thanks for listening ^_^

**Zelda's Lullaby** **Zelda's Lullaby**

too much reverb!

Kidding. This is beautiful. I haven't listened to your other stuff but i'm about to.

Great interpretation of a timeless tune.

good choice of lyrics.

the reverb is mandatory imo

well done 5/5 10/10

To really get a Cathedral/Choral feel, I also believe reverb is mandatory :D
And I'm happy to hear you liked it.

Thanks so much for your high scores! ^_^

Death by Solitude Death by Solitude

great work

This song indeed tells a story and before reading your comments I listened and this is what I heard: (described like a scene from a movie) ((I'm sorry this became so long, blame NewGrounds for letting me write 2,000 characters!!))
-Camera shot pans from sky down to a silhouette of a boy slouched on the edge of a rooftop in the city at sunset.
(violin begins 1:36)
-Shot over boy's shoulder to what he's holding. It's a locket with a faded picture of a smiling girl holding hands with a boy her age.
Shot of his face. It is the boy from the picture. His face reveals extreme sadness and torment. A single tear wells up in his eye.
Shot moves back to locket in time to see the tear splash on to the photo, distorting the image of the girl's face.
The distortion continues to expand from the locket until shot fades to white.
(harmony violin 2:15)
-From fade out comes reminiscent shot of the two dancing on a grassy hilltop. A single tree is visible in the shot. The two are happy and running and swirling in the sunlight.
Abruptly there's a distant blast that shakes the earth and startles the two. They embrace one another and turn to the unseen distant explosion. The ground begins to shake as the blast approaches. Realizing their fate, they look once more into each other's eyes and the fear and confusion their faces portray turn to peacefulness. As the violent light envelopes them, their eyes close and they come together as one.
The light recedes.
The boy remains standing alone beside the now burning tree. His clothes are singed, his hair is charred and his arms are locked in an embrace but no one is there. His eyes open slowly. He looks around. First slowly then more frantically. He screams her name desperately. Eventually he falls to the ground, tears falling freely. He sees their final footprints, hers within his, outlined by ruined grass. In her place only a locket remains on a pile of gently swirling ashes. He reaches for the locket and stirs the ashes into motion. His gaze follows them upward to a now star lit sky.
(violin stops 3:55)
Shot returns to sihouette on rooftop.

corbetweller responds:

Incredible... I felt like I was there while reading this. Your articulate description is moving, powerful, and unparalleled. Thank you, Ankalegon.

~*Castlevania - Prayer*~ ~*Castlevania - Prayer*~

very brave of you

i've never known what they were singing in this song... i still don't but you've captured it very well. i think i'm going to play SOTN right now.
5/5 10/10

VGSongbird responds:

Lol I had no clue what they were singing either. I looked it up somewhere and this was what I got off of a half-assed Google search.
Thank you for your supportive review! :D

Spark Mandrill - Short Circuit (Mega Man X Remix) Spark Mandrill - Short Circuit (Mega Man X Remix)

well done

this is a song i've wanted to remix for some time and you've done it justice. carry on!

rtnario responds:

Hahaha, you always can though! Thank you!

Eternal Escape Eternal Escape

sweet

you have a good ear bro. nice progression.

ErlendHL responds: